These days everyone uses online storage sites such as Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud to backup files in the cloud. So what happens when that a photo, document or other relevant file goes missing? You have wasted so much of the time in trying to locate it on your system, but the data is still missing. So, you do not need to give up. Thankfully, there are so many storage sites that offer a recycle bin or a trash folder. These folders contain all the deleted files. You can search trash folder for your missing file by name. Most of the online storage sites store the deleted data for a maximum of 30 days. After a specific time, those files are removed itself from file servers. The primary process to recover these files is similar for major sites, although the steps may vary.
If you have access to Dropbox, then you can restore a deleted file for 30 days. A Business account Holds up to 120 days. Follow these steps to recover any document:
- Sign into Dropbox.
- Go to your Homepage.
- Tap on the link for files.
- Choose the link for deleted files.
- Look for the file you want to discover.
- Tap on the file and choose restore.
- Just sign in to the Box account.
- Open Trash folder to look for your missing file.
- You can also type the name of the file via search field.
- Right-click on file.
- Tap on Restore.
- Sign into iCloud.
- Tap on the Settings icon.
- You can choose to restore deleted files, calendars, contacts in the Advanced section.
- Tap on the desired option.
- Choose the file you need and tap on Restore.
- You can also jump directly to iCloud Drive.
- In the bottom right edge, tap on the link for Recently Deleted.
- If you see your missing file here.
- Choose it and tap on recover.
- Sign into Google Drive.
- Tap on the Trash icon.
- Search for the file you want to restore.
- If you can’t find it, then type its full name in search field.
- Google drive will notify you if it finds the file in the trash.
- Tap on view to see the file in the Trash folder.
- Click right on the file and tap on restore.
You can rely upon OneDrive to sync files in iCloud. Recycle bin helps in reviving deleted documents.
- Just go to your OneDrive storage space.
- Tap on entry for Recycle bin.
- Browse the list of deleted files by name, extension or the wildcards.
- To restore a file, choose it and tap on Restore.
- You can also choose to restore all items in the bin.
Carl Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup