A month ago, Sonos updated added AirPlay 2 support. So now, you will be able to play music on your Sonos speakers via AirPlay 2 from your iOS device. Moreover, if you have HomePod, then you can sync the music, and both the smart speakers will play the same song at the same time. Just pair both of these speakers together, and enjoy the fantastic audio experience. To do so, you will have to update your Sonos speakers. After upgrading by going to the Sonos Controller app’s Settings, follow the process given below:
Grouping Sonos and HomePod Together
- Tap on the Home application on the iPhone.
- After that, tap on the Plus sign present in the top right edge. Pressing this button will Add apps.
- In the next screen, click on the Add Accessory option located at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Add Accessory screen, you need to enter the eight or nine characters code. This code will be present along with the Sonos speaker setup kit.
- If you have lost the code, then select “Don’t have a code or can’t scan?” Turn on the Sonos speaker. It will synchronize.
- When the Sonos speaker and HomePod get synced, change the room names that Sonos is assigned to. Make sure the Sonos and HomePod are not in different rooms.
- Enable the Include in Favorites option by swiping the toggle bar. Make sure that the ogle is green in color. Doing so will ensure that the app is present at the top of the Home application.
- After adding the Sonos speaker to the Home application, you can start playing songs on it. To do so, you can go to Now Playing, or just use Siri.
Play Audio using Now Playing Widget
- Go to the home screen of the iPhone.
- Swipe the Control Center to the top.
- Now, select the speaker selection option in Now Playing widget.
- Select the AirPlay option on the top right corner of the widget.
- After that select two speakers: HomePod and Sonos.
- Both the speakers will start playing songs now.
Play Audio using Siri
- You may ask Siri to play a particular song. For instance, say Hey, Siri and then ask her to play “Stairway to heaven, “and the song will start to play.
- You may also ask Siri to play a complete album. You just have to name the Album and Siri will play all the songs in the collection. For instance, activate Siri and ask her to play “The Dark Side of the Moon” and Siri will play the famous Pink Floyd album.
- You may also ask Siri to play the album or the playlist. Doing so will change the order of the songs in the album or the playlist.
- If you want to listen to a specific singer, you can ask Siri to play songs only from that singer or band. Just ask her to play Reba McEntire, and Siri will play songs sung by her.
- If you are at a party and want to play some Pop songs, then just ask Siri to play some “Pop” songs.