Norton Errors often makes you feel irritating as they prevent the Norton Software from being downloaded on the computer. One such installation Norton Error is error 8504. Yes, you might know about this error as it is one of the most common Norton error. These errors can be frustrating but can be quickly resolved by spending 5 to 10 minutes. All you need is to know the fixing steps and the error will disappear from your computer screen. We have rounded up the troubleshooting steps that will let you get rid of this error. To setup Norton antivirus, visit Norton.com/myaccount.
Knowing the symptoms and causes are must as it assures you that it is the same error and why does this occur? So, just go through the article and know some of the significant causes, symptoms and troubleshooting steps of this error.
Know the Symptoms of Norton Error 8504
Check the symptoms and see if the same activities are happening or not.
- “Error 8504, 104” appears and crashes the active program window.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 8504, when running the same program.
- “Norton 360 Error 8504, 104” is displayed.
Know the Causes of Norton Error 8504
Below, we have listed some of the major causes behind this error. Check out these causes:-
- Virus or malware infection might have corrupted Windows system files or Norton AntiVirus-related program files.
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of Norton AntiVirus software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Norton AntiVirus-related software change (install or uninstall).
- It could be because of another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted Norton AntiVirus-related files.
Use the Disk Cleanup and Clean Out Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders)
Follow the given steps and run the Disk cleanup on your computer system.
Note:– Steps are for operating system Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10.
- Click on the Start button.
- Type “command” in the search box… DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- Hold CTRL-Shift on your keyboard and hit ENTER.
- After that, you will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click on the “Yes” button.
- Now, a black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type the “cleanmgr” and hit ENTER.
- Disk Cleanup will begin calculating how much occupied disk space you can reclaim.
- The Disk Cleanup dialog box will appear with series of checkboxes.
- In most cases, the “Temporary Files” category will occupy the most disk space.
- Check the boxes of the categories you want to clean
- Click OK.
Restart your computer after cleaning up the disk on your computer.
Use Windows System Restore to “Undo” Recent System Changes
Follow the given steps and use Windows System Restore.
Note:– Follow the steps for the operating system (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10):-
- Click the Start button.
- In the search box, type “System Restore” and hit ENTER.
- In the results, click System Restore.
- Enter any administrator passwords (if prompted).
- Follow the steps in the Wizard to choose a restore point.
- Restore your computer.
Try any of these two troubleshooting steps and check if the error has yet resolved or not It if it is still displaying then contact the Norton Customer Support. To Setup Norton account on your computer, visit www.norton.com/setup.