Even though the Apple Watches are water resistant, they are not waterproof. You can make use of the Water Lock feature on your watchOS 4 smartwatch while swimming to get an added layer of protection on the Apple Watch. When the water lock feature is turned on, it entirely locks the screen of the Apple Watch to obstruct water from permeating inside through the speaker holes or mic. When you are outside the water, you can easily disable this handy feature. In this blog, we will discuss about how to use this new Water Lock feature on Apple Watch.
How to enable Water Lock on Apple Watch in watchOS 5
If you begin any water-based workout such as swimming routing using the Workout application, then Water Lock will get automatically enabled, and the screen will get locked to avoid you from tapping on any feature accidentally. With your Apple Watch Series 2, Series 3 and Series 4, you can enable Water Lock whenever you want by heading to the Control Center.
- Firstly, just swipe from the bottom to the top on the watch face.
- Now, the Control Center will get activated.
- Just press the Water Lock button. Its icon will be represented by a drop of water.
Now, you have successfully water locked the Apple Watch screen. You can now go kayaking, snowboarding, swimming, diving, and have fun without bothering about ruining your smartwatch.
How to disable Water Lock on Apple Watch in watchOS 5
When you are out of the water, you can disable the Apple Watch’s water lock. Here are the steps for turning off water lock on Apple’s smartwatch:
- Firstly, you need to turn the Digital Crown by rotating it.
- Doing so will unlock the Apple watch and eject water.
- Keep rotating the Digital Crown.
- Wait for the smartwatch to display that the device is unlocked.
Now, all the water will get ejected from the speaker holes and mic. If you have been in the water for a long time, then you must unlock the Water Lock once more in order to make sure that all the liquid gets ejected.